I am always out to find new recipes, especially the Asian inspired recipes. My favourite is beef stir fry noodles and my best pasta to use is Capellini. For this recipe, you can use any thinly cut pasta or the traditional egg noodles.
You do not have to use the same veggies as stated, you can mix and match to suit your taste buds or health preferences. The main ingredients are oyster sauce and soy sauce as they bring out the intricate Asian flavour. You can also choose to use chicken or pork for this recipe or even do without and just make it a vegetable stir fry.
This beef stir fry noodles has a Singaporean twist to it, the only difference is, I won’t be using curry at all.
- 150g-egg noodles/any thinly cut pasta of your choice
- 150g beef thinly sliced
- 1/2 red, yellow and red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 1-stalk spring onions thinly sliced
- 100g mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup cut green beans
- 1-tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2-teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- 1 bullion cube
- Salt to taste
- Mix the cumin powder, ginger, 1/2 of the garlic, one tablespoon sunflower oil, bullion cube, Chinese 5 spice, mixed herbs and salt together.
- Mix with the beef and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. When it is marinated, cut into thin slices and set aside.
- Boil some water in a pot and drop in the rice noodles/pasta. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt if you are using pasta, you do not need salt if you are using noodles, they contain salt already.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Boil noodles/pasta till tender but firm, drain and let it air dry in a colander, stir occasionally to avoid clumping up.
- Next, add two tablespoons of oil into a wok or large frying pan on medium heat. When it’s hot, add the marinated beef.
- Stir and fry till it loses its pinkness and goes brown.
- Scoop out the beef and set aside.
- Increase the heat to moderately high. Into the same wok/ frying pan (do not wash or clean it, we need to meat juice to enhance the taste of the stir fry),
- Add another tablespoon of oil, add in the onions, sauté for a minute then the remaining garlic, sauté for another 30 seconds or till fragrant (be careful not to burn the garlic).
- Then the spring onions and cut beans. Sauté but do not over cook. (Do remember you are working with high heat, so you have got to be pretty fast).
- Now, add the sesame oil and combine. Add the mushrooms and continue to stir till mushroom is cooked. Also, add the soy sauce and oyster sauce.Mix with the vegetables thoroughly and add the beef back into the wok.
- Reduce the heat to medium now, add the cooked noodles, and combine all together with a tong or two chopsticks.
- Cook for a further minute and you are done.
for more information on the Chef, check out her websitehttp://sisijemimah.com/